Open House 2007

How are you feeling?

Knackered. I've just had over 600 people come through the house for the Open House weekend.

This is the second year you've done it?

Still knackered. You see, I feel I should make it a worthwhile experience, so I give them a guided tour. And it means I say roughly the same thing four times an hour!

What's so special about your house?


From the outside, nothing. It's a Victorian terrace, plain and simple. It's when you step inside it changes--very radically.


It feels like the Tardis.

White and bright!

Yes, it's white throughout but there's plenty of colour. Look at the fuschia pink sofa. Even the speakers are funky colours.


Is it practical?

It's great for parties. Look at the kitchen; it can hold 30 people easily.


And then there's the garden--my jungle. I'll let you have a glimpse.


Did any friends come?

No, except a neighbour from across the road. That was strange. Although we had a celebrity. After I'd finished one tour, Eleni and the two volunteers said, "Did you see him?" "Who?" "Alan Rickman came to see your house." I missed him.

Comments

There's a definite responsibility that comes with being famous. You shouldn't be able to just dress up and look pretty.