November's a Busy Time....




Looking through my calendar since starting the Leverhulme fellowship I see November is a packed month for speaking. (Extra case of throat spray--reminder to self.)


  • First off, I talk to the Legal Services Board about the Cab Rank Rule. 
  • Then I head off to St. Gallen University in Switzerland for a talk on globalization and the Legal Services Act.
  • When I get home I go to the Oxford Socio-Legal Studies Centre to talk about the genesis of the Legal Services Act.
  • Now it's time to get some work done.....
  • I'll be giving talk at Westminster to the Law Review on the export of English law and globalization.
  • Which is followed by going to Birmingham to talk about law in the age of austerity for Centre for Professional Legal Education and Research.
  • Then I have a talk on informal insolvency rescue at LSE, which is quickly followed--the same day--by
  • a debate at King's College on the future of legal education.


After a quick excursion to Swindon to chair an AHRC panel, I will head to India to talk about globalization, law and the legal profession.

I'm wondering what I've forgotten.....



Comments