Don't Make Lists!

(Thanks to Craven's World)

I met with a friend, Christine Parker, from Australia today and we talked about research and writing. We have both been dealing with a particular British journal that thrives on having each article submitted reviewed by as many reviewers as possible--5 in my case and 6 in hers. It's not easy as I now have a further 3 reviewers on the revision.

The upshot was I decided to list what I had to do over the next several months. And I shouldn't have done it.

  • Finish final revisions on my lawyer-client relationship article for a journal
  • Finish draft of paper for conference in Portugal on "The transformation of access to justice in the UK"
  • Finish chapter on "Professionalism and entrepreneurship: the case of the legal profession in England and Wales" with Daniel Muzio for Handbook of Research on Entrepreneurship in Professional Services
  • Finish revising "Will there be fallout from Clementi? global repercussions for the legal profession after the Legal Services Act 2007" for a journal
  • Plan paper on lawyers, clients, and billing for book on topic: book being edited by former student
  • Consider invitation to contribute chapter, "Legal mechanisms: global, transnational or international?" to book on Capitalism and Capitalisms being edited by friend from another university
  • Finish draft of new book on Barristers' Clerks
  • Revise draft of book on globalization of law
  • Plan panel and paper for legal ethics at Stanford next year and for conference at the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies in London next year
  • Finish drafting paper on "Becoming a global lawyer" with Peter Lederer
  • Think of contributing editors and plan future pieces for Jotwell.com
  • Revise grant proposal with Reza Banakar on impact in legal scholarship
  • Prepare grant proposal on legal ethics with four other colleagues on which I am lead PI
  • Finish fieldwork interviews with Daniel Muzio on our "After Clementi/Legal Services Act" project, then prepare bigger research grant proposal
  • There is a fellowship I saw that I should apply for
  • Daniel and I have been thinking about setting up a seminar series
  • I want to hibernate all winter long....

PS. I also met a very interesting lawyer today, Michael Scutt, who is one of the few who has grasped the full implications of the Legal Services Act and the impact of "Tesco Law".

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for the link!
Many institutions limit access to their online information. Making this information available will be an asset to all.