Monday, March 08, 2010

Who's Mr Stupid?

 
(Thanks to FT)

Buying something on Amazon the other day got me a free credit card. The lure was a discount and free delivery there and then. I'll take it and stick it in a drawer.

The card is due to come in a week. No card but a text message telling me to call to activate my card. Then I get a call from the Bank of America, whose card it is.

Why haven't you activated your new wonderful credit card?

Because you haven't sent me one.

We have.

I haven't received it.

It goes on a bit like this.

We'll send you a new one.

Thanks.

No card comes and I get another call from Bank of America. They take me through their security checks even though I have no card. We repeat the above conversation. I can't quite tell if they have actually sent another card; if they have it's lost too. They offer to send out card #3.

It's been over a month now when the latest call comes through. Repeat above with addition that you've sent me three credit cards so far and someone is eating them.

This one says I actually received my card on February 8 (ie. card #1). Undertone of I'm not telling the truth....?

Well, I don't have it nor do I have any of the others you sent.

Turns out no others have been sent. This one promises to send out a new card.

You'll have it in a few days. I'll drop it in the post for you.

Yeah, the world's flat and the moon is made of green cheese!

Lord help us if a giant bank like BofA can't organize a simple credit card, how the hell are they going to rebuild the economy?
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

mack said...

There are so many fantastic web designers out there that share their work with the rest of us...
The article of this blog very informative and useful also.It resolves many problems of mine.
I loved it.thanks for this marvelous article...................
get academic