How I Miss London...



This is Queensbridge Road in Hackney, London and inside the building you see is my flat. Its refurbishment has just been completed and the flat's photos are up on the architects' website. I love it. It is even more minimalist than my previous house in Hackney.

My area is typical Hackney. I'm next to the canal, close to London Fields and my neighbour is as cool as you can get:

(thanks to StreetArtNews)

The flat is a wonderful mix of concrete, wood, and dark tiled floors throughout. The key aim was to strip the flat back to its basics which meant exposing the concrete, which has interesting nicks and holes in it. Clerestory windows were installed in the bedroom walls to bring light into the hallway.

The architects, Guy Piper, are brilliant and great to work with. They tuned into what I wanted very quickly. And their eye for detail I love.


This wooden box in the hallway houses the bathroom. The same wood is used in the kitchen and bedrooms.


Here you can see the clerestory windows and the stripped back concrete. Note how the doors fit flush to the walls meaning as you look down the hallway it is one smooth wall. 


The tiling you see here goes through the entire flat.

Plenty more photographs at the Guy Piper website: http://www.guypiper.com/#/queensbridge-road/




Comments

Glenn Hannan said…
Thank you for posting such a great blog. I found your website perfect for my needs. Read About Accounting Services in Ahmedabad
Deepika said…
Thanks for sharing such a great article with us. This surely helps me in my work.Thanks a lot
Company name regstration in bangalore
and Company registration in bangalore